AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Old Case IH AFS to new PF3000 combine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/23/2007 07:53 (#153201 - in reply to #152986)
Subject: RE: Old Case IH AFS to new PF3000 combine

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
You will have difficulties because the wiring pattern is reversed between the two.

Ag Leader makes a cable to go the other way around. That is remove the AFS and install a PF3000.

The reverse cable of going from a PF3000 to an AFS is not supported by Ag Leader since they would not want you to do this.

I got into a situation something like this a few years ago. A farmer traded his red combine for a newer used one. The newer one had AFS in it but the farmer wanted to move his PF3000 to it. The reason being that he used the PF3000 in other farming operations that the AFS couldn't handle.

No problem there since Ag Leader made that adapter cable.

The rub was the AFS from the newer combine needed to be moved to the older combine as part of the trade (essentially your situation). I reverse engineered the cable and made one from scratch to succeed in this situation. This cable is difficult to work with and uses some special 90 degree connectors.

Due to these difficulties, I would not do this again.

I know this is not what you wanted to hear but I believe this is the situation you are in. Since the PF3000 has dropped in price, you might be able to pick up a loose PF which would have advantages over the AFS anyway.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)