AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

It's a Great Time to be Farming
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

TheGrizz
Posted 4/5/2011 12:18 (#1709693)
Subject: It's a Great Time to be Farming

Quincy, IL

I’m sorry it’s taken so long to get back to all of you. As you know, it is a great time to be in farming. I know there were a few of you who laughed when I said you’ll see corn hitting $7.00 -- well, it could be $8 by this coming September. Titan has visited most of you who had tire problems. We have found a lot of good ideas. We have also found that some of the tires were not the Titan or Goodyear brand. We have also discovered that a few of the tires had the serial numbers removed, which means the tires had already been adjusted under warranty and resold, which means the buyer got shafted. When tires are sold cheap and they look good, it’s usually an indication that something is wrong. Titan has tested the new Goodyear branded 800/55R46 tires that replace the 800/70R38. These new tires work on lower pressure and reduce ground compaction. We also have a new super single 1250/35R42. These new tires reduce ground pressure and rolling resistance and that saves fuel. We have also developed a new combine tire 900/50R46 that has the same outside diameter as an 800/70R38. We have some other new tires and the field trials will be completed this summer. Once that is done we will put them into production and let you know the advantages. Farming will be great for the next few years. I wish all of you the best!

The Grizz

Edited by TheGrizz 4/5/2011 14:39

(80070R38.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 80070R38.jpg (49KB - 161 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)