AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

In the local paper senior spotlight--
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

movit
Posted 4/2/2011 21:00 (#1704841 - in reply to #1704198)
Subject: Re: In the local paper senior spotlight--

NC Iowa

Oh, somewhat...One time I was at a party at a lake..some tents set up..a guy passes a pipe with some dope in it..I always stayed away from that stuff, so I just pretended so as not to be square...Well, It musta got to me.. I took somebody home-bout 10 miles.. Coming back, seemed to be going really fast...Saw a stop sign go by, hit the brakes...Tee intersection-went right off the end.. Well, how lucky, a field entrance, and a pasture... Bounced around the car, hitting my head on the roof... drove out, and got back to the party and told my sister what had happened.. I was laughing so hard, couldn't hardly tell it.... Weeeelllll, next morning, got up and  WHOA!!! what just happened?!?!.. Never touched EVER again... first and last time.....I figgered I better not mess around with something I couldn't even tell was there...Really, I was innocent--mostly.....I was a lucky one... VEEERRRY few get do-overs; I got another chance..  And, I have the photo  that shows the skidmarks going off the road, and yes, I have used that photo as a teachable moment for my kids...
   I've told my kids "I can't be there all the time, you will try stuff, I know.... But, never do anything you can't repent for, or repair the damage it caused.. Booze is bad enough, but I have seen waaaaayyyy too many folks that have burned out their brains before they got old or wise enough to realize their error
   Fried brains do no not heal.. still leaves holes 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)