AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hunting Land vs. Farm Land
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

white shadow
Posted 3/31/2011 16:49 (#1701140 - in reply to #1701108)
Subject: Re: Hunting Land vs. Farm Land

East Central South Dakota
Your insight is right on. and this is too funny, one of the guys who peppered me was from Longview Texas. Texans just shoot first and ask questions later. Nice guy just took a low shot.

You are right about prices. My own hunters know what is going on and come right out and say, "if you are put in a postion were you have to choose, raise our rates cause we want to keep coming back." The hard part is my clients are all now good friends. It is also nice not having to mess around with advertising and sales as it runs itself and i have weeded though the jerks (any east coast state).

As for expanding you are right on there also. Two big problems the first being the State Game and Fish. They will not expand waterfowl and deer licenses to nonresidents and they want to micro-manage everything. The second big problem is no available labor to help. We are real rural and we also farm 2000 acres of row crop with just me and my wife and 82 year old dad and when they turn 80 they think they don't have to work 14 hour days.

I quess the real reason i am second quessing myself is the lodge is a lot more work and i have a possible choice that is easier. Would miss the people as hunters are good people. Hopefully one of my kids will come back to the farm to help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)