AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Firmware Updates
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Sandhoff
Posted 3/30/2011 15:59 (#1699200 - in reply to #1698672)
Subject: Re: Firmware Updates

Great info! Thanks for the link and clarification.  In reply to your last post about being current on software verisons.  I know exactly what you are saying!  I was previously employed at a JD dealership and it seemed like some updates would go backwards.  You wonder if they even tested the darn software before releasing it.  My only issue with not gathering the latest updates is compatibility with desktop software.  If you have the newest Apex software verison but then are running on older GS2 display software you will have trouble.  Deere has said that you might not get your yield maps, planting maps, etc.  I was never willing to risk customers not getting their data so I always made sure if they updated one (software or hardware) that they updated the other as well.  I told them to do both or not even do either one at all!  Don't be doing one and not the other and getting caught in the middle of two verisons.  That was always my advice when I was at the Deere dealership.  So--I could go either way on not updating or updating. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)