AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

trimble 750
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

nwksmilo
Posted 3/28/2011 19:57 (#1695843 - in reply to #1695043)
Subject: Re: trimble 750

Colby, KS
I don't know for sure about the original poster's air valves, but I just put a field IQ with the main switchbox and 12 section switchbox in a Tyler Patriot XL that originally had a Raven 460 and it DID NOT WORK OUT OF THE BOX.

On my Patriot, the boom valves are electric and were operated by switches in the cab connected to a separate interface box. The Raven 460 has no boom switches. I got the Raven adapter with the Field IQ and hooked everything up only to find that I had rate control, but no boom control at all. Even manual. Ended up that that the mystery switch interface box did the switching and only sent a status signal up the harness to the Raven controller. The power and ground pins needed to operate the valves were not even in the harness that hooked into the Raven 460 or the Field IQ harness.

End of the story is that I had to buy an entire standard Raven harness (for a 450) and wire around (abandon) the built-in OEM switches. I believe that original poster's 660 uses the same harnessing as the 460 and he is probably going to run into the same problem.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)