AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

thanks to my dealer and Deere!!!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

rosefarms
Posted 3/12/2011 21:45 (#1666931)
Subject: thanks to my dealer and Deere!!!!!

Middle Tennessee
Some of you might remember this from a few weeks back: Took the 9530 to the dealership between Christmas and New Years to figure out why the transmission was overheating in 18th gear on the highway. As some of you know from owning a 9530 / 9630 or reading from here there is issues with the diff locking when applying the brakes and not being able to steer due to all 4 wheels being locked. Then when you let off the brakes while in that turn it sounds like a shout gun going off and feels like you have been broadside by a car. That being said we felt like maybe we were getting metal in the trans due to all the brake and diff issues, but after they pulled the filters they find no metal. So the next step Deere said was to put a new site gauge on the trans which will drop the oil level by one gallon also change a check valve and see what happens. I picked the tractor up Thursday and after driving it home I see we still have the same problem, so I called the shop manager and ask him what we were going to do now and his reply was, Deere said if those things did not fix it tell him to gear down to 17th or as many as needed to get it cooled off. My problem with that answer is that's BULL S**T, fix it or buy it back and I will find a brand that can be used in all gears!!!

Well it dried up in mid Feb so we put it to work pulling a 60ft 36 knife anhydrous rig and soon found out that even in 11th or 12th gear it would overheat and gearing down to 9th would not help. Called the dealer, they had no answer and Deere has no answer so that's how the 8320R came in to play that many of you saw pics of pulling this rig being as it's the next size tractor I have to use for this job. In just a few days my dealer delivers a 9330 for me to use and picks up the 9530 while they get some answers from Deere. Early Friday my dealer calls with a couple options from Deere that we could choose from and I will say that booth were fair so by late Friday we decided on the one that was best for us. Hopefully by mid week the new tractor will be here so we can change our monitors, radio,weights and get on with the season. So again thanks to my dealer and Deere that's how you do business!!!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)