AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Want to turn up a CIH 7230
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Bern
Posted 3/13/2011 17:51 (#1668163 - in reply to #1667675)
Subject: Re: Want to turn up a CIH 7230

Mount Vernon, WA
You might wish to do your homework a little more carefully. I just came from the JD Parts website, and immediately found two critical differences. 81/8200s used different viscous fan drive clutches than did the 83/8400s. In addition, the gearboxes (specifically, the gearing and driveshafts) that drive said viscous fan clutches are different between all 4 of them. Could it be that each one is driven at a different speed, dependent on horsepower setting? I THINK SO!

I don't have hours and hours to devote to the JD Parts website to list all of the differences between an 8100 and 8400, but I gotta think the reason a 8400 MFWD tractor weighs almost 1000 pounds more than a 8100 MFWD tractor is not just because of a difference between fan drives and rear axles.

I really don't recall ever saying that turning up an 8100 10% would cause a failure. If you can prove me wrong by directing me to a previous post I made on the subject, I will gladly eat crow. However, as I said in my last post, turning up an 8400 WILL eventually cause problems. Just ask Dutch what he thinks of those engines at FACTORY levels!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)