AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lawn mower blade conversion
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Sam Hill
Posted 3/10/2011 13:47 (#1662421 - in reply to #1662198)
Subject: Re: Lawn mower blade conversion

Central Iowa
I have run the meg-mo blades for 2 years now. The first year I had a 54" shallow deck mower and the blades helped but I was still plugging some and leaving a few streaks. Last year I got a new mower with a 61" deck that was a lot deeper and that made a big difference. I ran the factory blades a short while before I put the new ones on so I have a point of comparison. I can get really busy and don't always mow when I should. I mow around a farm yard and hog sheds as well as my yard so I can give it a real work out. I will start with the bad: it lowers your cutting height 1/4", takes more power to initially engage your blades, makes a little more noise, doesn't necessarily stop the buildup of grass under your deck. The good: leaves a nice finish on your lawn, does cut thru taller grass and weeds with more easy, will blow grass out a lot better (especially with a deep deck mower), and one of the things I like best is the blades are made of hardened steel and dull at a drastically lower rate because of that. You would be hard pressed to get me to give them up, I really like the job they do.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)