AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What size cultivator will a NH 8970/tg285 pull?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

versatileman
Posted 3/9/2011 06:32 (#1659532)
Subject: What size cultivator will a NH 8970/tg285 pull?

Roseau, MN
I'm contemplating switching to a lower pass/min till type of farming practice. Presently I have fert blown on and then field cultivate before the air drill and planter. I am looking at going to a concord style airdrill with sweeps to apply fert and seed at same time. I would also use it to apply nh3, p, and k and work ground in front of planter for corn and sunflowers. My question is I am looking at either a 8970 or tg285 to pull a cultivator to do head lands, wet spots, and rough spots prior to the 4wd and concord seeding. I'm thinging I can get away with only cultivating 10% of my fields prior to the conord. Presently I run a 50' cultivator on a 360hp 4wd, would a 36-40ft cultivator be out of the question for either the 8970 or tg285? All acres are chiseled in the fall with harrows so cultivator only needs to level and dry out the top couple of inches for me. I'm trying to cut one or two tractors, one operator, and two passes from my spring seeding. Any input appreciated? Tractor would also be used on planter, sprayer, and grain cart.

Edited by versatileman 3/9/2011 06:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)