AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pa. Farm truck and CDL
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

david ecpa
Posted 2/23/2011 09:35 (#1630786)
Subject: Pa. Farm truck and CDL

ecpa
I attended the local meeting with State Rep.Day last night. I missed the first half hour due to another commitment but apparently it was an important miss. Along with Rep. Day we had a state trooper to discuss their side of it and our Pa. Assistant Secretary of Ag who fielded questions on Ag in general.

On the miss, what I gathered their will be a Dot officer for each county and township. That in itself should make life interesting. Trooper Dan (I forget his real name) was honest and candid when questioned. How will this be administered, His answer was safety first, if the truck appears to have a safety issue then expect to be checked, otherwise it will make his job too _______. During his presentation you could stop him and ask questions, when he got to the part on medical cards there was a lot of discussion. As he said if driving a farm truck over 26000 you did not need the medical card. At that point I pulled out my copy of the rules from Pa. Dept of Transportation that clearly say you need one. That issue did not get settled.

All in All a good meeting. Main point given Rep. Day was the lack of clarity in the law. He promised to look into it. How will it all work out is your guess.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)