AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tru-Count Electric clutches - 1770 NT
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bo42ku
Posted 2/22/2011 00:01 (#1628368 - in reply to #1628106)
Subject: RE: Tru-Count Electric clutches - 1770 NT

I am sure it has been done. Now it is just a little harder to find information. You used to be able to pick up the phone and call Tru-Count in Ames, IA. With Trimble holding the strings it makes it a little more difficult. Get a hold of your nearest Trimble dealer and have him call Tru-Count's sales guy in Ames, IA. Not going to name drop him here but he is very helpful.

That being said you are correct on the cheapest part, but I would encourage you to price air clutches for your planter. A few things on the electric clutches if you haven't been informed. 4 clutches is max for any planter as they draw a lot of juice. Also they only have 3 dogs (catches) on the unit, so in some cases it requires 1/3rd revolution before it will stop planting. Also after a few years of use (especially controlled with auto-swath) the solenoids used for disengaging will sometimes seize up. Requiring you to stop and back up to release the solenoid. Or buy new solenoids.

The air clutches have 6 dogs (catches) in them so quicker response time and if taken care of correctly will last for several seasons without issues. They are a little pricey, but run a savings calculator on it. With cost of seed now a days and depending on how many acres you farm generally it is easy to pay them off in 2 planting seasons. Don't forget to estimate some yield increase for not having double planted acres.

"But you don't have to take my word for it."
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)