AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help on buying a new Kinze planter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Briarpatch
Posted 2/20/2011 14:41 (#1624890 - in reply to #1624807)
Subject: Re: Help on buying a new Kinze planter

S MN
Check out the seed tubes. I don't know if they changed them or not- my new Kinze 3200 (new in '07) needed 10 new seed tubes after one season. They are fairly wide and have very little clearance to the openers- easy to get dogeared, and not get your seed to the bottom of the furrow occasionally. Precisions bullseye tubes are a narrower profile and much less prone to contacting the openers. (Will need SS zipties for photoeye from precision if you go this route- would recommend if Kinze hasn't changed design) I still use the Kinze corn meters (may change to precision this year), but do like the bullseye tubes for sure. They used to have 3 robots welding the row units (still do?). For my model year, many of Robot 1's row units were welded slightly off center. (There is a marking on the front of row units) This made it virtually impossible to schim correctly, and on 3 of my units the openers were almost cutting into the shank. (Got 3 new row units no charge) Just take a look at all of your openers on the top. If there is considerably more clearance to the shank from one side to the other there may be an issue. My "defective" units, the right opener was very close to running straight up and down - I do like the planter, and much prefer the pulltype over the JD mounted I had previous. Like to put liquid in planter tanks versus saddle tanks prior.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)