AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ-Guide 500/Manure
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/20/2011 08:46 (#1624253 - in reply to #1624189)
Subject: RE: EZ-Guide 500/Manure

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
wildcat1000 - 2/20/2011 05:56

Thank you Tedbear! Do you think this will also work with 28% and a Hiniker flow meter?

I actually brought up this idea to a Coworker yesterday. We are of the opinion that this could work. It seems to us that any type of pulse device could act as the source.

Most Ag flowmeters create pulses which are directly related to the product flow. Most spray type flowmeters utilize a turbine or paddle wheel which has magnets on it. The magnets pass by a sensor. The sensor alternately takes the signal line to ground and then releases it. This creates pulses which can be read by various electronic devices.

With a manure flowmeter using a turbine or paddle wheel would cause obvious problems so the electronics in the meters "create" these pulses in reaction to the manure flowing through them in a somewhat magical process. Again the frequency of these pulses in an indication of product flow.

In all cases the signal line needs a pull-up resistor to bring the line back to a logic "high". This is often done at the device end, the flowmeter end or both. In certain combinations of equipment a homemade pull up resistor needs to be added to make things work properly.

I don't know if we will see a lot of use for this direct hookup now that the 500 is out of production. I have not seen any mention of this with the CFX 750. On the 500 there are three choices for devices, EZ-Boom, Field IQ and Manure. On the 750, the only choice is Field IQ.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)