AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rust Guy rust converter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

kwvnhfr1
Posted 2/17/2011 21:49 (#1620345)
Subject: Rust Guy rust converter

Blue Grass (Eastern IA)
I bought some of that very expensive rust converter from Rust Guy. I prepped the metal and applied it as instructed. After 24 hrs I am not impressed with the result. The product is supposed to convert the rust to a super hard black surface that will stand alone or can be painted.
I did a test with Rust Guy and Permatech's aerosol rust converter. The Permatech worked as expected, the next day it was dry and hard on the bare metal and on the surrounding paint. I could paint over it, and would not wash off. The rust guy was dry on the bare metal but still wet and slimey where applied over paint and all of it could be easily washed off completely with a power washer. How is that going to do any good? This Rust Guy stuff was sold as the final solution to rust "will last forever", apparently unless you wash it. The only thing I can think to try with the rust guy product is to dump it into another container to mix it better. I just shook it good in the container it was in, but since it was full maybe that wasn't good enough. Does anyone have any experience with this product? I'm ready to ask for my $200 back.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)