AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Followup on Hardi 5500 - EZ 500 swath control earlier post
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Jmark71
Posted 2/8/2011 10:38 (#1600821)
Subject: Followup on Hardi 5500 - EZ 500 swath control earlier post

Kentucky

For those of you who followed this post:  http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=209159&posts=12&start=1

Here's where things stand.  I got the unlock for the EZ 500 and the cable to connect the 500 to the HC 5500, programmed the 500 and 5500 to the correct settings and headed to the field to try it out.  The EZ 500 worked like it should.  I could watch the screen and see the booms switched off and on like they should -- just one problem -- when I looked back, the boom sections never shut off.  An error message on the 5500 showed a communication error with the job com...... grrrrrrrrrrrr.

After checking fuses and connections and programming again, Hardi Tech helped me find the problem.  I had to take the job com cover off to look at the board.  Took pics of the board and sent them to Hardi.  The end result is that I still need about $900 in parts to make the swath control work.  Although my sprayer has a job com and is the Commander series, if you don't actually get the steering axle option, the computer board on the sprayer does allow the swath control option.  Cutting to the chase, Hardi is sending a new board and power cable so my step to swath control isn't as easy nor as cheap as I had hoped.

Hardi info about my job com and what I needed was wrong up front, but in the end I still planned to add the swath control even at the higher price and Hardi Tech was good to get the problem discovered over the phone after I sent pictures.

FYI,

Edited by Jmark71 2/8/2011 10:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)