AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Morton shops
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Delmarva Ag
Posted 2/6/2011 11:43 (#1596524 - in reply to #1596261)
Subject: RE: Morton shops

Seaford, Delaware
I am currently in the process of getting quotes on a 60'x120'x16 pole building for a warehouse. I have received quotes from Morton, Conestoga, Fetterville, and Delmarva Pole Buildings as well as a couple of local builders. I am pricing it three ways:

1. Pole Building only.
2. Pole Building with concrete floor.
3. Pole Building with concrete floor, insulated, and completely finished with white metal on interior walls and ceiling.

Here is what I have come up with so far. Morton has been about $20,000 higher than every other bid. However when you add the extras like vented overhang on the gable and sides, wainscoting, and heavier metal, that Morton offers as standard, they become within a couple of grand of each other. I have always wanted a Morton but I think there are just as good of quality buildings on the market today.

Then I was talking with a friend of mine the other day who is in the concrete business and he has thrown another wrench into the mix. With the construction business so bad right now due to the economy, he thinks I can build a stick built building with a 4 ft. concrete block wall and 2x6 studded walls. I am going to go take a couple of pictures in a few minutes of one he recently built for himself. He also recommends, if there is any way I can afford it, to put in floor heat!

Funny Morton story: My neighbor has 3 Morton buildings all built within 10 years, and recently completed a 4th. I asked him his opinion and he told me he would never build another one. I asked him why and he reached in the back of his pickup and held up the big "M" signed that had fallen off!

Alan
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)