AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Barn fire
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Tim in WI
Posted 2/2/2011 20:42 (#1589176 - in reply to #1589070)
Subject: Re: Barn fire

Embarrass WI

No one was hurt, someone was driving the skidloader when it started on fire. Operator is fine, it was midday so there was plenty of help around to get the cows moved out of harm's way. Fire dept responded quickly and had the fire restrained, they seemed to be making good progress when they ran out of water. It was only a few minutes until the next water truck showed up but the fire really took off in that time.

Barn is a total loss, milking parlor was part of that barn. We got all the milk cows moved to the neighbor's barn, they had plenty of help to push the cows into the new-to-them parlor so I came home.

The neighborhood really came together, people seemed to come out of the woodwork to help.

They have insurance, it is a smaller mutual company but the owner is on the board of the company so I would expect he knew enough to have his coverage up-to-date.

Rebuilding will be a huge hassle, but I'd bet that in 5 years they will admit that the fire was the best thing that ever happened to them. Otherwise they would have never had to build a new parlor, now they will and then they will be positioned for the next 25 years.

Owner's son is working into the operation, he is about 26 years old and just got married Jan 18th.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)