AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Snow megedon 2011, God does watch over us,and nat strikes again.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

west illini
Posted 2/2/2011 14:58 (#1588394)
Subject: Snow megedon 2011, God does watch over us,and nat strikes again.

IL
I am finally back online after a good dose of Malwarebytes to get the puter working again. Last nite I was not sure I was going to make it home. All I can say is God does look after us. So many things could have gone so much worse. I still have that video reel running thru my mind of the what could have happened's.
Basically, in a nutshell, I met a another vehicle on that narrow bridge...she had stopped when she saw me, but I couldn't tell she stopped. I was going about 35mph, and tried to slow to a stop, as I thought she was till moving ( couldn't tell from the blizzard). The trailer lost traction, and slid over the guardrail and stopped me. If was going much faster, loaded, or went another 30 ft, it may have been story I wasn't telling yet. All I had going thru my mind was " I AM going to get home to my wife and kids TONIGHT".

I was very appreciative the the MoHP patrolman that came on the scene. He and several others secured the scene called the towtrucks, and had me sit in his car as I warmed, and looked at the scene ; (

The world did get very small yesterday, tho. Come to find out, the 2nd vehicle to stop to check on me was acfarmer's wife. ( didn't know it at the time.) Thank you for stopping, and to the first vehicle, that called it in for me. (I didn't know the emergency # wasn't 911)
Yes, last nite I was still shaking the nerves, and today am trying to dig out to get to work again in a day or 2.
I did bust thru the drifts on our road throwing snow over the pickup ( now the brakes are full), before they got as bad as the last pic

btw, no damage to the trailer

Edited by west illini 2/2/2011 18:03

(Greeny 1 (Small).JPG)

(Greeny 2 (Small).JPG)

(New Image (Small).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Greeny 1 (Small).JPG (13KB - 68 downloads)
Attachments Greeny 2 (Small).JPG (16KB - 73 downloads)
Attachments New Image (Small).JPG (14KB - 72 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)