AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nitro 275
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

campbell
Posted 1/19/2011 14:10 (#1558803 - in reply to #1558516)
Subject: Re: Nitro 275

CENTRAL ILLINIOS
One of the problem areas is the bushing where the front steering spindle goes up through the A shaped arm. It has a couple of thin fiber washers in there that will wear out pretty quickly if not greased enough which happens often because it takes a lot more grease than most people use. Not real easy to replace the bushings and will wear the front tires if run splay legged. Also mine was welded on the frame in the area where those A arms attach to the main frame when I bought it, not sure how common that is. As far as spraying tasseled corn - it is really not tall enough to do that under all circumstances, not perfect anyhow. In our area (central IL) some corn varieties work ok but others get so tall that the boom will not get as high as you would like it to clear the tassels - but probably high enough to get the job done. So just depends on how particular you are about those kinds of things. Also with the front boom you will be getting plenty of spray on the windshield, to the point you about have to run the wipers. I cobbled together a rear boom section for spraying fungicide just wide enough to replace the tips in front of the cab for that reason.

Edited by campbell 1/19/2011 14:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)