AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Upset with dealers (John Deere Specific)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tonyt
Posted 1/19/2011 09:35 (#1558391)
Subject: Upset with dealers (John Deere Specific)

I have been noticing over this forum there are a lot of upset people with how they have been mistreated or how there dealer service sucks. This gets me thinking how many of these people are dealing with the big 5+ store dealers? I am going to assume 95% of these people are dealing with the big dealer.

I see people on here saying they miss there single store owner, there ma and pa shop. Us as farmers have to open our eyes a bit, we probably bought from the real big dealers 5-10 years ago (and maybe still do) because they were $500-$2000 cheaper on a machine then the single store. Now that the single store dealer is gone we can maybe look back and say there service was hell of a lot better and thats maybe why they were a little more money. The single store dealer could afford extra employees and could afford to keep around the reall good mechanics. Right now the big dealers are trying to run there business as lean as possible to try and cut costs. What is going to happen in 5-10 years? I project John Deere or Case IH is going to have some kind of ownership in every store (just line JD construction) and there profit margin on equipment is going to go way up (10-12% vs. right now 4-6%). I know people are going to reply well thats when I swtich to the other colour, unfortunalty the other colours will be right behind them because believe it or not alot of companies look up to Deere and follow them pretty closely. To back this up, Case Ih is starting to get in the clothing and apparell line big time. How much longer till they have the Walmart like JD dealerships.

Love to hear peoples opinions on my little story.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)