AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1680 engine, rebuild / replace or keep using it ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 1/18/2011 22:20 (#1557724 - in reply to #1557646)
Subject: RE: 1680 engine, rebuild / replace or keep using it ?

just a tish NE of central ND
I did your 466 replacement in our 1480 this fall with IH rebuilt complete and a radiator and pump repair/ hoses and drive shaft seals and misc. .. With our "free" labor for R and R , it was around 8,000 $> It worked great!
Oh... new turbo install with that price too even though the old one seemed fine.Also , I installed a block heeter, The Thermostat , water pump, heads, and injectors came installed and the price includes oil pan swap and intake, valve cover swap, sensors and wireharness fuel injector pump install/timing at the dealer.Price also includes motor mounts and air intake hoses radiator seal for the pto.
I second the comment about worrying about the oil pressure. The old 466 seemed to drop oil pressure quite a bit more than I was comfortable with when it got real warm at low idle and I was always carrying oil. in comparriosn to some folks's engines,Not so much, but a quart to 2 quarts or a little better daily.(long day) It was the only thing on the whole farm besides a old worn out 350 chevy tuck engine with a gazillion hard miles on it that you had to watch the oil level on.Also (not included in the price)i put in a new radiator with a straight through core design and got rid of that shamefull offset cored radiator that was always pluged with dust. MAN!!! does that engine comprtment and radiator stay clean now!! i coudl never make it a whole day before without looking for a air hose to blow it out with. Now, it will be fairly clean at the end of a dirty day.
JUst where the heck is the spell check anyway?It used to be here but now it is gone?I NEED that thing... lol!

Edited by School Of Hard Knock 1/19/2011 10:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)