AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

¿Raven Lightbar?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

lorenk
Posted 5/1/2007 18:49 (#144972 - in reply to #141692)
Subject: Re: ¿Raven Lightbar?

Grand Rapids, MI
I don't know anything about the Mid-Tech. The Ravens I know a bit about. If you havn't picked it up already there are a couple major options to consider with the Raven. The first is form factor, the model with the ic behind it is their smaller model and meant for in cab ("ic") use. The models without the ic designation are larger, and can work in the cab, although they are probably a bit big for a smaller cab, kind of like watching a 42" television at 5' away. These models, however, are waterproof and I think have magnets that allow you to put them on the hood, kind of handy to see, a lot of people like this.

The second thing to consider is whether it is a "T" model or not. The "T" models include terrain compensation, so if you are in a hilly area, this is definately reccommended. Most find it will increase your accuracy even in pretty flat terrain, just not as dramatically as in the hills. Depending on your terrain and how accurate you wish to be you may or may not need this.

Here is a link to Raven's site http://www.ravenprecision.com/us/Products/productList.jsp?Category=...

From my experience, the Raven lightbars do what they do very well. Mostly just a matter of knowing which one would work best for you.

Oh and btw...if you are interested I think I may have a client that upgraded to a different system, that has a larger, non "T" unit that they would sell. I think they also have a raven RGL210 WAAS/Beacon reciever that they would sell also. If this fits your needs, let me know.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)