AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kubota M6800-will not crank
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

d6btex
Posted 12/22/2010 08:25 (#1500356)
Subject: Kubota M6800-will not crank

SE Texas
I help out a elderly widow lady down the road from me since her own sons are MIA. She has a Kubota M6800 (guessing about 10 years old) in below average condition. She called me to come look at it saying a cousin was feeding cows and it died and then would not crank. Stopped by yesterday evening before dark and did a limited recon. Will not crank with the key but will crank when I jump the starter, but still will not start and clearly not getting any fuel. She also told me that they had been messing with the shuttle lever to get it to start in the past. Shuttle is in neutral and I tried various positions to see if it helped, but no attempt to crank. No safety switches on the clutch that I could see. The other thing that seems strange is that it looks like a mechanical pump with a pull to kill cable but there is a solenoid on top of the pump that energizes when the key is in the start position but not in the run position. Got dark on me, but I am thinking the key switch may be screwed up. Any other ideas or suggestions. Hard to get to anything due to the cab and loader. Not too familiar with the Kubotas.

Edited by d6btex 12/22/2010 08:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)