AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does an easment on a property reduce its value?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 12/15/2010 22:45 (#1488386 - in reply to #1487996)
Subject: Re: Does an easment on a property reduce its value?

southern MN
I'm gonna be contrary to the others.

An easement is a pain in the rear. You lose use of that part of the property - an acre or more wouldn't it be - and it haqs the potential to become a bigger road, should the property behind become developed or what have you. Yea, you can state only so & so has the right to use it, but realiticly, that easement is the access to the property forever more, and when push comes to shove the Judge will say that's gonna turn into the main road.... Hunters & hikers & used tire dumpers & armies of 4-wheelers are gonna use it, and you really have no say on it because it's not your property, you only get to pay taxes on it..... Another forum I frequent has rather excentric folk on it, but they just have horror stories about easements creating nightmares.

So you want to sell the property to your son or nephew 10 years from now. You can't cut him a deal, because the other fella can pick it up for cheap. In fact you can't for sure sell it to your nephew now, because of that price match deal. Try putting the property up for sale, with that price match deal in the fine print, and how many potential buyers will walk away - too much baggage. Only have to chase away one or 2 interested parties and you lose a fair amount of coin.

I think both those conditions give up a lot.

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)