AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

This Forum Compare To Others
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 12/15/2010 05:31 (#1486784 - in reply to #1486334)
Subject: RE: This Forum Compare To Others

West Union, Illinois

This could be a FAQ.  Others have pretty much explained it, but let me throw my 2 cents in.  Part of the success of this site is because it is different.  If it were just like _____ (name your site) it wouldn't be necessary.NAT filled a gap.  Other sites, ones supported corporately, have been playing catch-up trying to figure out why and how to get the traffic.

Yes, this site is operated differently than most any other.  And Yes, it does navigate a bit differently.  But if you take the time to look into it I think you will find a way to make it do what you want.  For instance look at the screen shot below.

I didn't like the original skin so I customized it.  It also tells me at a glance if I am logged on.  When I log on the background changes, my view is nested, life is wonderful, the sky is blue .... well, maybe everything isn't quite perfect.

I can click on "Posts active today" or "Your active threads" (I usually do that first to see what has been said on threads I have been a part of).  There is a lot of customizing you can do if you desire.  For instance, I turn off signature lines.  Some have gotten so large they clutter everything up.

What you want is probably here.  Just learn how to use the system.

(ScreenShot084a.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments ScreenShot084a.jpg (60KB - 131 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)