AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is there a place to get rid of horses?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

sodbuster35
Posted 12/6/2010 08:36 (#1470614 - in reply to #1469728)
Subject: Re: Is there a place to get rid of horses?

WC Illinois/SE Iowa
Well, I posted on here last year about my wife and I starting a horse rescue ranch and got lambasted for even trying it. (The post was under the handle "DoubleKRanch" instead of my current handle because I still hope to provide updates under that handle to the AgTalk nation.) Now it looks as if more and more people are needing us than ever. Sorry to sound cynical, but it seemed as if everyone has been against us from the beginning. I will be the first to agree that the shutting down of slaughter houses was the WORST thing that ever happened. Now there is a spike in unwanted horses that are no longer useful to their owners but still may have some use to others. That is why we started the ranch that we did. And there are many like us throughout the country.

Anyway, on to business. Glenn, if you still have these horses and can't find a place for them, contact me at my email address, or our business address which is [email protected]. We are non-profit and you can deduct the value of the horse(s) on your taxes as a donation to our ranch. We are located outside of Nauvoo, IL which is a little far, but I'm sure we can help in some way once we get the details figured out. We can come get them or meet half way if you have a trailer too. If you don't want or need our help, no worries, but we'd be glad to in any way possible.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)