AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Update on shy Rottweiler female from last month
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Angus in ncmo
Posted 12/5/2010 14:25 (#1469343)
Subject: Update on shy Rottweiler female from last month

A little background for those who missed the first post about this:  I 'rescued' a 13 month old Rottweiler female (Miss Kitty -- because she's such a scaredy cat) in mid Oct. who had previously received very little human interaction.  As a result, she was EXTREMELY shy and standoffish -- to the point of being very difficult to even touch, let alone anything else. 

I also became the owner of a young Rott male (Turbo) shortly after getting the female.  He has been a great help in getting her to 'come out of her shell' so to speak.  It's still difficult for her to let me pet her, but occasionally she will allow me to give her a good massaging rub down, all the while, never totally trusting me yet.  I suspect that it will take at least 6 months or maybe longer before she willingly trusts me, and I sincerely doubt she will ever trust any other human judging by how much time it taking to get her to accept me. 

I began taking her outside on a leash (when I could catch her to get the leash on) and after about 2 weeks of that, finally took the chance and opened the door to the shop and let her freely walk out on her own.  She still prefers to be inside most of the time if the shop door is open where she considers it 'safe', but is starting to spend almost all day outside in the yard with the pup (at my insistance) now that it's colder and the shop doors are closed.  They both sleep in the shop at night.  Turbo is crated and Miss Kitty has free reign.   

As Dave1466 aptly put it, they are Rott(en)weilers.  

A wonderful breed.

Edited by Angus in ncmo 12/5/2010 14:27

(DSC00349.jpg)

(DSC00343.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSC00349.jpg (46KB - 134 downloads)
Attachments DSC00343.jpg (44KB - 128 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)