AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"Christmas for Kids" an a warm feeling..................
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jdeere57
Posted 12/5/2010 13:20 (#1469232)
Subject: "Christmas for Kids" an a warm feeling..................

Pennyrile, West Ky.

Saturday night we had our forth annual "Christmas for Kids" charity auction at the local VFW, as you can imagine the process is to go to the local merchants and ask for them to donate Items from their inventory so we can sell them at the auction. We also provide a soup, chili, and sandwich supper and only ask for donations for the food.

As many of you know, with most organizations there are a select few that do most of the work, we are no exception, I guess I'm just lucky, after playing "auctioneer" for 1 1/2 hours, I was lucky enough to get to wash dishes for 30 minutes,,,lol.....and did I mention that earlier in the day I made two gallon of potato soup and sandwiches.....I"m sure it sounds like I'm complaining, maybe I am a bit, I just wish we had more participation from our members......

The auction/supper made $2183.00,,,that coupled with money we collect in donation buckets in every store in the community, and other monetary donations allows us to donate six to eight thousand dollars to purchase clothes and shoes for kids whose families are having financial difficulties, we also purchase specialty need items for the physically and mentally challenged children of the community, "wheel chair ramps, swings, ect....

Sorry for the looong post, just woke up with a "WARM" feeling left from the efforts yesterday and thought I'd share with those who choose to read this post......

Merrry Christmas to you all,,,,,,,,,John

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)