AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

update on: Restricted travel lanes in Atlanta and on Weigh stations
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jburke
Posted 12/5/2010 11:29 (#1469070)
Subject: update on: Restricted travel lanes in Atlanta and on Weigh stations

Fort Meade, FL
http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=198405&posts=6...
http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=197885&posts=1...

Ok, my wife had to transfer to Florida, so I quite my job and found one in sunny Florida.
So, I thought I would give yall an update on the posts below on restricted travel lanes thru Atlanta and on weigh stations. After researching both topics, online and by calling each state (IN, KY, TN, GA, and FL), the consensus is that yes in a 26' rental truck is supposed to stop at each weigh station. So, I was aware of this prior to my trip. The signs at each weigh station said ALL TRUCKS MUST ENTER. Obviously there has to be a cut off point to the meaning ALL TRUCKS, Because pick ups are not required. ( FYI its 10,001 lbs gvw)So because of the wording ALL TRUCKS, and no gvw info, I didn't stop at any of them. At least this was going to be my excuse if stopped. And nobody came after me. Now, a few miles south of the weigh station in Florida is an Agriculture inspection station. The sign at the FL agriculture inspection said INCLUDING RENTAL TRUCKS. It was the very last sign prior to the entrance. By the time I got to this sign I had already moved into the center lane in preparation of slow moving trucks enter the hyway. So by the time I saw this sign it was to late. I couldn't get back over in time to exit. So, I think to myself, that because of the wording on the sign I now have no excuse to give to the officer, (if stopped), for not stopping at this Inspection center. And as I drove past the station I couldn't believe the number of police cars that were there. I just knew they would come after me. I just had this feeling in the bottom of my gut that they would come after me. But they did not and I just kept right on driving. I guess I just got lucky.
As far as driving thru Atlanta, there were sign saying ALL THRU TRUCKS WITH 6 WHEELS AND OVER MUST USE BYPASS. So, because I was pulling a trailer having 4 wheels, according to my phone conversation with the GA DOT, my vehicle had a total of 10 wheels an I must use the bypass and not go straight thru. Well, I hate going out of my way on the road so I took my chances and went right thru the middle. Without any trouble and didn't get stopped by any of the police that I saw.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)