AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Applying chems and nutrients to the perimeter or headlands last?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mit9750
Posted 12/6/2010 18:02 (#1471342 - in reply to #1469655)
Subject: RE: Applying chems and nutrients to the perimeter or headlands last?

Mobile6 - 12/5/2010 18:08 Trimble FMX will do what you asked with the "headland" feature. Is use it quite a bit applying NH3. After you use it a couple times the process is pretty easy, just a couple things to remember. With trimble you can only set one A/B line. I would like to be alble to set one for each side of the field. Is usually set the headland to "3 or 4" passes and apply the outside pass to get the boundary. I have omnistar and it works really good. If you had RTK boundaries you should not have to drive the initial outside pass. I have not had to worry about reentry yo the areas as you desribed, but setting an extra pass on the endrow should work. On thing I did not realize until afterwards---3 passes around the perimeter of odd shaped fields with 60ft implement makes many smaller fields??? I will probably plant a couple fields differently this year.

Really?? only one A/B line?? even in the advanced mode?? seems odd?? Deeres can set as many as you want, plus adaptive curve or A/B curves?? i figured in the advanced mode u could run more than one line. i may be wrong. i don't have many hrs on Trimbles. we have a EZ guide 500 in a 4420, but i dont run it much

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)