AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GS3 control raven sidekick?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/3/2010 09:59 (#1466087 - in reply to #1466052)
Subject: Re: GS3 control raven sidekick?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
countryboy_77 - 12/3/2010 08:31

It looks to me like the links are to the same information. What they are saying in the link is that the Deere screen can communicate to the Raven Sidekick console, which means there would be another monitor in the cab. From what I know, the answer is NO to the Deere screen controlling the Sidekick without the use of the Sidekick console. To do that, Raven, or someone, would have to have an ISO control node designed to communicate and control the Raven Injection pump. At that point, the ISO node would connect through the ISO port on the machine to the Deere screen. As far as I know, that isn't possible yet.

I would agree. The Deere can probably communicate with the Sidekick console via a serial connection. This means that the Sidekick console would still be needed and actually run the pump but would communicate its results to the Deere for logging/mapping etc. The desired rate could probably be sent from the Deere to the Sidekick console for VR situations. This would be consistent with what can currently be done with a Deere system and a Raven 440/450 for example.

We have setup many Deere sprayers that use the Deere system for the carrier (main product) control but work in conjuction with a Sidekick console for the Injected product. For the most part, the Sidekick system lives on its own but is tied into the boom valves to pick up "Boom Sense" to know which booms if any are ON and behave properly.

I also agree with the statement that a special control node would be needed to run the pump through the Deere system. Ag Leader does make such a node to run a Raven Injection pump with their systems. I have personally used one of these for several years with an Insight.

Edited by tedbear 12/3/2010 10:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)