AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

STX 275 4WD tractor with power beyond
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Fla Veggie Farmer
Posted 4/11/2007 16:14 (#134726 - in reply to #134706)
Subject: Your power beyond is wrong

Southeast Florida
I had one of those put on to a 7250 some years back and it did the same thing. I solved this problem by getting a $20 inline shuttle valve on the signal line and nomo problem. After that the Spectra Physics guy came out and showed me how to plumb into the tractor hydraulics with running Tee's and for $50 I was in business. The power beyond doesn't have a shuttle valve inline causing the pump to be at full stroke continously, this also will cause excessive heat and pump falure because the pump is dead heading with no where for oil to go.
On the STX look on the back of the remotes base block. There'll be 3 ports on the base block itself. They're 3 different sizes on the ports. The largest onr is return, middle is pressure and small is signal. The way we plumbed scrappers into this system with external valves is take out the test ports and get adapters to go to boss O-ring and put a male quick coupling there on the pressure port, female on the return port and small female quick coupler on the signal port. The signal port would have the shuttle valve inline. No matter what piece of machinery we would hook to if it had a external valve it would work and the Mexicans couldn't cross the lines either because they'd only go one way.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)