AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Challenger MT835C Vs. JD 9430T
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MMiller
Posted 11/10/2010 21:27 (#1430357 - in reply to #1430264)
Subject: Re: Challenger MT835C Vs. JD 9430T

SW Iowa
It would be an easy decision for me. I guess I'm a little behind the learning curve on the Deere's of late, but is there undercarriage still solid? Do the bogies move up and down? Another thing after looking at a 9630, is the fact that the track tension is still going back to the chassis of the tractor. On the MT the track tensions is all on the undercarrage. The undercarriage can be completely removed in one peice from the side of the tractor with the track still tight. In my mind, this is a more thought out undercarrage that will be more stable, and less likely to have alignment problems. The 835C will have a C15, how does that compare size wise to the Deere? I like to have larger cubes at the same hp.

I worked in the field in the Ag department for Altorfer Cat. Transmission horror stories, well I did see some scraper tractors fail transmissions. Was it cronic problem? Nope. Have you ever rode in a scraper tractor with the cowboys that move dirt? Its amazing that the tractor lives past the end of warranty anyway, its not a dozer. We have an 855C sitting in the shed right now, and don't regret the decision at all. It pulled our disc chisel better then we hoped. It will really go through fuel, but I bet the Deere will use more. Thats been our experiance anyways, green machines that we have had have been harder on fuel at the end of the day, and not just a little.

At the end of the day though, who is your dealers? The yellow tractor IMHO is the better machine, but if you are in an area with poor support from the dealer you may not be happy. BUT don't judge the distance you are from the local Cat dealer, at least for Altorfer and Ziegler they have parts shuttles and service techs spread out over their whole territory. Many times we have ordered parts at 8-9 pm at night, and had them within 15 miles of the house by 6am the next morning. We have repaired our Cats before the Deere dealer even opens for business. We have even ordered some parts for our combine that we thought would not be available, and had them the next morning.

Michael
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)