AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GS2 and raven 440 variable rate question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/3/2010 08:03 (#1419768 - in reply to #1419156)
Subject: RE: GS2 and raven 440 variable rate question

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
dm81 - 11/2/2010 20:07

I have just begun using varible rate with my gs2 and raven 440. It seems like i am having to go through alot of streps in order to get everyhting to work. I have to take my own field and boarder and match it with my agnomists feild. i have to go to my documentration icon and put in my prescription, then go to my mapping icon and put in a perscription. I got the first field to work good, but then when i moved to the next field i had all the prescriptions in everyhting looked good but for some reason the raven consol was not working with the gs2. any suggestions would be very helpful.

I don't have experience with the GS2 side but you will need certain settings in the Raven for this to work. If it worked in one field and not the next it would seem the problem would be on the Deere side of things.

The settings for the Raven are: BAUD - 9600, Trigger Value - 1, Trigger unit - Seconds, and Datalogger - ON.

Unless the Rate Change Alarm has been turned OFF, the Raven will beep four times whenever a new rate is received from the other device. This new rate will be visible if the Rate 1 window is in view on the Raven.

Again if it worked fine in the first field and nothing was changed on the Raven, I would think the problem is some confusion with the GS2.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)