AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Leader Mark III with variable rate
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KevinM
Posted 10/26/2010 09:15 (#1408328 - in reply to #1406981)
Subject: RE: New Leader Mark III with variable rate

SE IL

mcline - 10/25/2010 09:31 Guys, I have a 2600 running field doc connect on a New Leader Mark III controller. When running the prescription it does everything correctly, but it won't shut off on zero rate. Does anyone have any ideas? I made the maps so I'm sure that they are zero. I can't come up with any reasons why it won't shut the rate off. They say that it stays at the previous rate.

IIRC the Mark III is a Rawson in a different dress. I have a Rawson hooked to a 2600 and zero for a rate is a no no. If you are spreading fert you could try 10 as a min. I don't think it will cause it to turn the drag. It's a pain but I learned the hard way this spring. The console will not accept a zero commanded rate. You can turn the dial on the Mark 3 down to find the lowest non-zero rate. That will have to be your minimum-then when you get to that area of the field just turn the switch OFF. If you are spreading lime you will have to have a higher min. The only way to know is to enter the midpoint in the console and manually turn the rate knob down to find the lowest non-zero rate or calculate it according to step size. The rx minimum must be over half of the calculated controller minimum as that will cause it to go to the closest step. Clear as mud? Email is good.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)