AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Loose Strings
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

99MAX
Posted 10/18/2010 12:08 (#1398945 - in reply to #1398853)
Subject: RE: and maybe a more important question

Stearns County, Minnesota

The way it appears is that there are too many transfers between fly by night companies.

If these transfers were properly recorded in the Court House, I don't see where there should be a problem foreclosing on these houses, but if they were not properly recorded, there could definitely be a problem.  The problem with the moratorium on the foreclosures, is that not only the payments are not being made, but the taxes and the upkeep are not paid either.  These properties become complete wrecks in a period of a few years.  Also, the property cannot be transferred by the owner because he cannot give a clear title to a prospective buyer.  The ownership of these properties can become quite"messy" because you are unable to get a clear title of the property.

It seems to me, that this mortgage crisis is going to prolong the recession for years.  Who would want to invest in any company that owns mortgages?  If you have $100,000 cash in the bank today, where would you invest this money?  There are not alot of options.  I sure would not want to take long term 2% interest on this money,  but at the same time, you may lose the value of the $100,000, due to hyper inflation.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)