AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Autotrac options
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

snarf
Posted 4/3/2007 19:38 (#130374 - in reply to #129734)
Subject: Re: Autotrac options

Yes, I think you would be happier with integrated AutoTrac. I will comment on Deere's systems as my knowledge is mostly limited to Deere. BoomTrac (automatic boom height control) is not available on a 4720 at this time with either system.

Original GreenStar SF1 system:
This is a good choice if you are wanting nothing but AutoTrac. This system can be purchased for less than $7000. It is not capable of on-screen mapping or Swath Control.

GS2 SF1 system:
This is a more versatile system giving you AutoTrac, documentation, and Swath Control capabilities. This system, including the Swath Control activation, can be purchased for under $12,500. Swath Control is the reason I recommended a demo in my earlier post. Compare sprayed acres versus actual acres while using Swath Control. Then do that same comparison without using Swath Control. You may find that Swath Control more than justifies the extra expense of the GS2 display and Swath Control activation. To know the precise actual acres you will need to create a field boundary in the GS2 display.

The prices I listed are approximate and should not be considered as quotes.

Edited by snarf 4/3/2007 19:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)