AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Calibrating loads on a PF3000
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Double Time
Posted 10/11/2010 22:07 (#1391821 - in reply to #1391100)
Subject: RE: Calibrating loads on a PF3000

NW IA
This was a new to me combine with a yield monitor included, and I had to replace the worn out grain flow sensor which was the early part number, with a new later part number. That required changing the flow sensor Cal number in the monitor, and resetting all the cal numbers to initial calibration numbers. We started combining Friday, and by Saturday nite I was tired of the 150bpa average the monitor was displaying. So I combined 3k pound loads at 1mph, 2mph, & 3mph running each load across an elevator scale. It was too dark and dusty on gravels roads to do the 4mph & 5mph loads, so I quit. I entered the totals from the first 3 loads and did the quick cal, which changed the average from the 150bpa I had been seeing, to 185bpa. On Sunday, I combined & weighed 4mph & 5mph loads, and entered those numbers. I left all the loads check, and proceeded to Cal. It took a lot longer to calibrate, and when it was done, the 185bpa average is closer to 230.

I was wondering if the second calibration, could have altered the uncorrected weights from first 3 loads.

I don't think this field is that good based on total bushels from semi-load deliveries, compared against the acres totaled on the monitor. I feel like I should be running, instead of playing on the yard with a monitor, so I get in a hurry.

I didn't have a laptop with a pdf of the instruction manual with me, and I forgot about deselecting the loads with high error rates, maybe that has something to do with what's wrong.

Looks like I should do a couple more test loads to be sure.

Thinking of getting a Nook or a Kindle to load all these installation & operator manuals on, so I don't have a handful of manuals in-tow all the time.

thanks for the help tedbear!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)