AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hosing down new concrete
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dewgubbe
Posted 10/2/2010 09:34 (#1381471 - in reply to #1380526)
Subject: Re: Hosing down new concrete

Northeast Nebraska
The pad foreman told me he was about 15 pads ahead of the erection crew. You'd think he could slow down a little a do a better job. They also forgot all the bolts to set in the concrete. They came back later and drilled holes, then glued the anchor bolts in. They told us it would be just as strong.

We were supposed to have a "tall" pad. That way we had plenty of clearance under the load out for the swing hopper on our westfield auger. There is no way thats going to get under there. What do you guys do? Just dig the dirt out?

Its all dad money. $100,000 . It irritates me, he is such a pushover he won't get after anyone. The bin crew needs to be the floor in one bin. The other one has the floor, just need to cut out the intermediate sumps, and install power sweep, and door.

They haven't been here for 2 weeks. I finally called to rattle their cage. They say they have to be erecting bins since the wind isn't blowing. But in the last 2 weeks there have been several rainy days and alot of very windy days.

This is all from lind-gubbels in osmond, ne.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)