AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn consumption
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SeniorCitizen
Posted 10/1/2010 08:06 (#1380387)
Subject: Corn consumption

The numbers, according to my models, looking at individual states & feed usage, will not justify buying into the "new crop bushels counted" of any significance. Lowered feed use re: fewer dairy cows (now soon to increase), slightly fewer poultry in a couple of areas & a different pattern of "cattle into feedlots" feeding better fits the profile of the affected states.

The past few years USDA typically underestimates export demand & has overestimated feed demand & gradually makes adjustments as the marketing year closes.

Therefore the issues in my mind: the quality of existing On Farm stocks & a closer look at sept/nov quarter grain consuming animal units.

This past month I have neglected my newsletter but will fire one out this weekend with the salient details & will update the open interest stuff on the website.

Due to the dementia of my aged mom, I am familiar with the typical questions asked by Psychs...Who is the President? What year is it? How old are you? What day is it? This past month, due to nearly non-stop trading hours & grabbing sleep when it fits....I have trouble with the "what day is it?"
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)