AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I will let grain rot before selling cheap
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

steve1616
Posted 9/30/2010 23:50 (#1380162 - in reply to #1380114)
Subject: Re: I will let grain rot before selling cheap

North East Kansas
So you are saying that we are doomed as a country because some people stand for principles, and would rather die than be treated unjustly?. We are doomed as a country because people don't treat others as they would like to be treated. We don't thieve ground away from other farmers just so that we can make more money. I don't call everyone elses landlords like a lot of farmers so that I can get rich. I understand that I am going to die someday and I want to meet my maker with a clean conscience. Perspective is not the same to everyone. If you as farmers were in an area that didn't have any yield, $4 would be cheap. I understand that $4 looks good to those more fortunate.

It is very stupid to say that if you can't make it on $4 corn, then you can't make it. I am sure that there are some farmers that are so good that they can make $4 corn work in an extreme drought where they have very little to sell. Also, I am a service guy and we keep our machines as long as we can. Certain equipment pencils to keep new, but we keep most of our machinery for a very long time, so I am pretty sure that isn't why we are in trouble.

I may not make it farming because I didn't inherit a bunch of land, and I don't have the right mindset to steal land away from others. I will make it because I am not afraid of work. I would love to spend more time with my family, but I am not afraid of 85 hour work weeks. I use to make a very good living rebuilding engines, contract work from local chevy dealerships for diagnostic work, industrial electrical installations, etc., and my Dad convinced me that farming was important for the world and that it would be helping many people so I changed occupations, and I have loved it until this year.

No Till, I don't think it would be wise for me to tell you my location because maybe someone at the elevator reads this. I realize that I am just a peon, and they could make my life much worse if they want to. I mean, where else am I going to go?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)