AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help lots of error codes on case 8010
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

poorboy
Posted 9/28/2010 23:11 (#1377794)
Subject: Help lots of error codes on case 8010

Southern Alberta
My case 8010 combine is doing funny things and spewing out lots of error codes. The codes keep changing and the dealer can't find anything.

First it was the chopper speed sensor, it would not work with repeated trys and then 1 hour later it works all day. Put new sensor in and checked wiring and still works only part time.
Next it was the camshaft speed sensor. Replaced some of the wiring and new sensor and it works sometimes and not others. Happened same day as chopper speed.
Today it is the fan speed. Readout won't go above 400rpm on cleaning fan, yet the fan speed is normal.
Air filter plugged, fuel pump relay and "seg - shorted to low"have also come up, yet there is no visable problem. Engine speed is normal.

Have checked all the grounds, inspected as much wiring as I can find, checked all connectors , etc. and can find nothing. Combine has not run for 2 days as the chopper low speed will not let the separator stay engaged. All software was reflashed on all computers.

Anywhere specific to look for shorted wires, etc. Perhaps there is a spot in the wiring that I am missing. Funny that problems keep moving from sensor to sensor. Doing a graph under diagnostics shows that the sensors are getting readings, but they are very erratic.

Combine is a 2008 with 400 hours on it. Ran perfect before this harvest.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)