AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rich, did you get your 8870 going?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Rich
Posted 9/10/2010 02:57 (#1353734 - in reply to #1353438)
Subject: RE: Rich, did you get your 8870 going?

Kansas
65 dollar socket and 29 dollar water filter later.... then half a day before deciding to read the book and learn about the bleed screw on the side of the square fuel filter housing. Then pump pump pump pump.... Why in the hell didn't bosch put a rotary manual pump on there with a bicycle pedal so you could spin it round and round instead of wearing out your damn arm pumping that pissant lil hand primer?

80 foot of extension chord, a battery charger, few hours more and finally got the air out and the ole girl started.

Worked ground last nite with her and today. As to what the real problem was? I dunno. I did buy a new o=ring to go under that plastic top cap on the water filter housing. The old one was flattened on the top and bottom side and the cap wasn't that hard to take off.

Jon said something about a fitting that has a bleedback valve in it. Was sposed to email me pics tonite. I'll look tomorrow to see if the pics are in there.

Snap-on sure broke it off in my arse good. 65 bucks for a 3/4 line socket to get the injector lines loose. Sheesh.... Whatta rip off.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)