AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Custom Building A VRT system on a Wilmar 500 Buggy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/25/2010 18:29 (#1332025 - in reply to #1331893)
Subject: RE: Custom Building A VRT system on a Wilmar 500 Buggy

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
J0HN - 8/25/2010 15:06

I'm working on building a VRT system for a Wilmar S500 fertilizer cart. For a controller, I have an EZ Guide 500 (by Trimble), or a PFAdvantage by Ag Leader. I thought I would purchase the rest of the hardware through Case IH service parts (for a Titan applicator) and adapt them to my cart.

Has anyone else attempted to make a VRT buggy?

What system and hardware did you use and where did you get it from?

Thanks,
J0HN

Neither the EZ-500 nor the PFAdvantage can act as controllers for your project. There are many combinations of equipment that could handle your situation.

If you have the EZ-500 and the PFAdvantage, it would be possible to use them with a controller such as a Raven 660. The 660 would actually control the application but get the various rates from the PFAdvantage. The EZ-Guide 500 could provide the GPS to the PFAdvantage and speed to the 660.

The PFAdvantage would be connected via a 9 pin cable (special one) to the 660. The EZ-Guide could feed GPS to the Advantage via a different cable. The output cable from the EZ-Guide 500 can have a branch to provide speed into the Raven.

The Rx could be written and saved to the PF memory card. As application progresses, the Advantage can send over the appropriate rate to the Raven which will attempt to apply that rate. The Advantage will also be creating a coverage map and logging the data for future analysis.

Edited by tedbear 8/26/2010 07:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)