AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CIH 8.3
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

steverrr
Posted 8/24/2010 17:02 (#1330388)
Subject: CIH 8.3

NW MN
I'm looking at a 1680 with a good history of repairs. The guy retired from farming. Lately he had been doing some neighborhood custom work. The only thing that bothers me is it has a Cummins with 6000 engine hours. He said the engine was removed 300 hrs ago to put in new seals and a pan gasket, along with a new oil pump and injectors and rebuilding the PTO. (spent $12000) He says since he bought it at 2750 hrs, it has always used 2 qts of oil per day. Is this a normal amount? He seems sure the engne bearings were not replaced when the engine was worked on by a Titan dealer. He does not have the paperwork readily available, but maybe could get it from the dealer. Is it likely a dealer would pull the engine and not re-bearing it? My question in a nut shell is, how long do these 8.3's go if they have not been touched? The only reason to consider this machine is it has an AFX rotor, long seive, new cone and vanes, rebuilt finals,replaced bubble up auger, elev chains and sprockets, clean grain cross auger, vert unload auger, top gearbox, 1st flight in unloader horizontal auger, shaker arm mount reinforce kit, hopper topper, chaff spreader, excellant tires, newer RWA w/18.4 x 26's and the engine hours are keeping it down to $18000 for a 1991. Incidently, what is the cost to replace this engine? I surely will appreciate some good info !
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)