AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Updating EZsteer 500 firmware
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Don Smith
Posted 8/22/2010 15:16 (#1327150 - in reply to #1326897)
Subject: Re: Updating EZsteer 500 firmware

Centre county Pennsylvania, USA
Lowel, thanks for clarifying. Bottom .img file is indeed v 1.01, 6th file up from bottom is .img file for v 5.1. I think Trimble includes both versions just in case someone needs the starter (V1.01) .img file, but not certain about that.

FWIW, .img files are all in the King's English bits and bytes that EZGuide reads very well. I think the language files are so that EZGuide can speak (print on EzSteer screen) to actual human operators in different languages? If that's true, then most North American folks probably don't need the language files.

I used Alt-PrintScreen keys to screen snap the unzipped (and opened) file folder, then pasted that screensnap into Microsoft Paint, then saved it from Paint as .jpg file. I did have some fancy screesnap freeware but lost it all in computer crash. Alt-PrintScreen and Paint are always available as part of all microsoft OS software. Linux has similar software as part of most Linux OS installations, don't need fancy freeware (bloatware) for .jpg screensnaps

Edited by Don Smith 8/22/2010 15:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)