AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader 2000?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

cbSCNE
Posted 8/21/2010 10:08 (#1325136 - in reply to #1324759)
Subject: use expantion slot

South central, Nebraska
I had the same problem when I still had the AL 2000. It is still a very capable monitor. I doubt any of the newer monitors will record harvest data any better. The cards were/are expensive and have a rather small size limit compared to today's formats.

When I upgraded computers to XP (awhile back), I could no longer use the inexpensive reader I had for my old windows (9?) system... The readers for the XP and up are quite a bit pricier than I cared to spend. I did some searching and found a PCMCIA reader that you can install right in the back of your desktop computer in an expansion slot. It was very inexpensive, like < $20. Had to load a driver and it work great.

I have a different combine and monitor now (Edge) that uses flash card memory, much less expensive and easier to find but, it doesn't map any better than the 2000 did.

I have a friend that I still transfer his PCMCIA to a usb so he can use in his computer so I know it still works.

Going off my fading memory, seems like there were a couple of low voltages these cards may have been set up for but I think one was most common???? Should be able to google search for more info. Better yet, It may be a ways back but I think I had a discussion with someone in the precision talk section. You might try searching "PCMCIA" but it might not go back that far in time...

Good luck. You still have a good monitor.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)