AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Versatile 936 question.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tntfarms
Posted 8/18/2010 20:21 (#1321394)
Subject: Versatile 936 question.

Valparaiso, NE
Looking to get something bigger than the MFWD 8400. I was not happy pulling the 5 shank disk ripper with it. Just was not enough tractor, weight or power. Found an '85 936 w/ about 8500 on the meter that happens to be super close. Paint is somewhat faded, decals are shot, interior is a bit dirty, headliner is shot. Tires are 99% 20.8 - 38. Just got a new clutch and hasn't been pulled yet.

I need to check the finals and see what they are, but right now my biggest concern is what is the road speed going to be. From what I can find it is only about a 15mph tractor. I am spread out quite a bit and would really like something faster down the road. Road speed is not a deal breaker, just want to know.

Basically looking for a tillage tractor to be able to pull a disk, disk ripper, field cultivator, and maybe someday a turbo till. Granted right now the only thing I have that might even be a load for the tractor is the ripper, but the tractor is close, the price seems right and I just don't think I should pass it up.

Seller is asking about $26000 for it.

Fire away with the opinions!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)