AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Started wheat harvest yesterday and finished today, here is some pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Traveling Man
Posted 8/18/2010 02:11 (#1320417 - in reply to #1319478)
Subject: Re: Started wheat harvest yesterday and finished today, here is some pics

Finland, up there in north where noboby farms!
Helsinki is 62 miles south from our farm...hour drive to the airport, but you can still go and get your mail on your underwear down here if you want.
I farm +300 ac and got 60 ac of wheat. Also barley, oats and canola + CRP.
For those who's crops out in rain: This must be my time whit wheat. I have lost fair share of crops over a years and canola and oat's ain't that great.
I wonder how Matts is doing in Sweden? Paper had pretty nasty pictures of heavy rains in Sweden.
Ross: I have seen early frost. Seeds things nicely and crops dry fast, but test weight is gonna be sad. It is gonna be fine. If we would believe it will workout good, we would be farming...
There is only one combine made in Finland and yes big boys are telling how much durable their machines are. I ain't gonna take +100 000 cost to update Sampo....it does just fine 80 hours / year, total 750 hours. My neighbour has Claas Tucano and he has spend more money in two years on electric issues and programming stuff / year that I ever have.

Now this wheat: It is spring wheat called Zebra. Had visitor from Wa and he asked too is it soft white or hard red? Didn't really know...
He looked it and said: Sure it is called Zebra, it is combination of white and red! It looks like that and you can tell difference between soft and hard seeds easily.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)